Skip to main content

All About Me

Hi guys! 

My name is Miss Mari, and I'll be with you for this school year! I'm so excited to join you in this journey of the year.


This year will be filled with questions, answers, and "I don't know"s. So be prepared to be flexible and be prepared for us to get really real. There will be stress, but I will try my best to guide you through it and offer you all of the support that I possibly can.

I'm only 27, and I live in Lloydminster. I have a dog, named Norbert (Norbie for short) and he is 2 years old! He's a big goof and is really cute!

Norbie on his 2nd birthday, August 1, 2020

I have 3 older brothers and 5 nephews! There's very few women in my family!!

I've experienced quite a bit in my time. I have lived in England, I've lived in Northern Saskatchewan, and I've lived in Southern Saskatchewan.

My last teaching job took me to Val Marie, Saskatchewan. I was only 30 minutes from the US border. I taught on a Hutterite Colony. It was CRAZY. I had 7 grades, all in one room at the same time, all by myself! I'm excited to have all you guys at the same grade level!

Me with the buttes behind me.

Looking over the Buttes in Grasslands National Park.

Before that, I taught in Patuanak, in Northern Saskatchewan, for 2 years. That was interesting for me. It was the first time I had ever taught on a reserve, and my first teaching job ever! I taught high school English, first. But then I moved into a Literacy Catalyst position. I loved working there, it was such a great experience for me. I learned a lot about myself and a lot about the Indigenous cultures. They are Dene up there and I learned a handful of words!

Picture taken from the beach in Patuanak. It is right on the Churchill River.

Before that, I was a substitute in England, for 7 months. It was really scary being an entire ocean away from my family and friends. I didn't really enjoy my time over there and was really glad to come back home to see everyone that I had missed so much.

You will continue to get to know me throughout the school year.

If you need to reach me for any reason, you can always email me at bmari.chieftaylor@gmail.com

I will try to get back to you as quickly as I can.

Love,

Miss Mari

Comments